Oshawa Power has roots that trace back over 130 years. We are proudly contributing to the growth and prosperity of the communities we serve by providing safe, reliable electricity distribution to the city of Oshawa. Throughout the growth and development Oshawa Power’s legacy has always remained the same – our customers come first!
Whether you are an existing Oshawa Power customer or new to our area, please know we are here to help. Oshawa Power values each and every customer, so if any of your questions are not answered on this page, please feel free to visit our FAQ page or browse our residential policies page. We also provide feedback form if you feel your question has not been answered. Simply fill out the form and one of our customer service representatives will be more than happy to assist you.
Why not go green? Oshawa Power offers electronic billing. Sign up today through the “MyOshawaPower” page.
Thank you for visiting. We look forward to serving you.
We often receive questions about the following policies. They are included here for your information. If you have any questions please call and we will answer them for you.
Privacy of Personal Information
This policy was initiated to comply with MFIPPA legislation which requires us to keep information about our customers private. We will not release information to unauthorized persons or to authorized persons who do not properly identify themselves.
Residential Deposit Policy
- Deposit payments will be collected from the Customer when an application for distribution services is made.
- The deposit shall be maintained for a minimum of one year.
- Deposits will be refunded yearly or upon request, after one year providing the Customer has established a satisfactory payment record
- All amounts held on deposit will be applied to the final bill on termination of distribution services.
- Deposit requests can be waived if you have had either gas or electricity service within Ontario for at least 12 months within that last year and your previous utility provides you a letter of reference.
- Deposit requests can also be waived if you enroll your electricity account onto Preauthorized Payment, for the enrollment form click here:
Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
A new program is starting in 2016 that will help low-income consumers to pay their electricity bills.
*If you have not filed an income tax return recently, or your situation has changed since your last filing you can contact The John Howard Society located at 75 Richmond St. W. in Oshawa, 905-579-8482 for assistance.